Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Guitar

I have been really stressed the last month. The stress is about 99% work related. After a long day of work I come home and just feel drained and miserable. I could turn to alcohol and food but....no, wait, never mind, let's just go ahead and admit I will always do that because I am an emotional eater and have a constant love affair with food.

But my point is that I've started doing something that I haven't done in a long long long looooong time. I picked up my guitar! I stopped playing YEARS ago. Why? I actually do not know. I guess I kinda stopped when I went to college. Perhaps I stopped in high school. I can't quite remember. I suppose I had other things to do. I stopped having the patience, diligence and time that it takes to practice and learn. Heck, I still don't have a lot of patience. I have found the time. Less Netflix/TV. But at least I now have something to look forward during my day. I look forward to coming home from work so I can sit down, release all thoughts of the day and just focus on my beautiful purple instrument. I've noticed that it is very therapeutic to spend all my brain energy on learning a new song. I actually get to focus and think about something that makes me happy.

So rarely am I able to do that. Just be happy, that is. Working does not make me happy. I do not feel an ounce of genuine happiness from the time my alarm goes off in the morning until the time I come home from work. That's not to say that I do not like my job or that I am necessarily unhappy. Because that's not true. I would say I am indifferent. I certainly do not feel that passion or fire the way I thought one should feel about their choice in life work... Anyway, I digress...

I LOVE to sing. Singing is my most favorite thing to do in the world! Since I was a little kid nothing made me happier than to make sounds with my voice. Ask my mother. I was a loud child, whether I was happy or sad. Oh, how I miss singing with a group of people! I would literally get tears in my eyes while singing with other people. I miss that feeling! I feel a hint of that again when I pick up my guitar and sing. I feel that emotion and that passion and I have fun! Every other thought and worry just disappears when I can just pick the notes and sing.

I am going to try to work on my Youtube channel and post some things for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...