Okay, for once I am not going to complain. I know that the majority of my blog is just me whining like a little bitch. I will always be a whiney little bitch and hate everything and everyone because that is just who I am. I am pessimistic and cynical as HECK. But not today. Today I am golden.
The last couple months I have been trying to get serious about my health. It is not like I am trying to get healthy for anything in particular. I just want to feel and look better and to wake up and know that I am doing what I can to take care of myself. I do not want to wake up one day and to not be able to see my feet or tie my shoes or to develop heart disease or diabetes.
I have always been going to the gym with my husband but I have never taken it seriously. I mostly just wanted to spend time with him. In late January I started taking this booty boot camp class on Tuesday nights at Chrome Personal Training Centre. Its a half hour long class and it is TOUGH AS SHIT. Everyone who goes to the class is there for the same reason, more or less: to get fit, to learn and to grow dat booty! LOL A lot of the clients of Chrome are training hard to reach their goals of bodybuilding, bikini competitions, or whatever. The trainers believe in everyone giving it their all. Everyone is so focused and determined. It is something I have never seen or experienced before and it is insanely impressive, inspiring and motivating.
I have started to eat more healthy. I no longer consistently consume hot wings, garlic bread, pizza, pasta and packaged meals. I cut out alcohol. Quitting alcohol was due to a moment in December 2015 when I drank 3 bottles of wine in one night and ate a giant vat of fondue with bread and steak and got so sick. That was a wake-up call - an "ah-ha" Oprah moment where I realized that I eat a lot when I drink and that alone has probably contributed to a large amount of weight gain.
I have been focused more on organic fruits, veggies and natural carbs and sugars. I have eliminated almost all meat from my diet, except for grilled chicken which I eat ONLY for the protein. I actually hate the taste of meat now... I've been obsessed with my FitBit and love to see my miles and step count go up. I write down every single thing I eat and record how many calories, carbs, protein, I am consuming, etc.
I started C25K again. I am on week 3. I run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. I do the booty boot camp Tuesday and Saturday. Wednesday and Thursday night I do weights at Gold's Gym with my husband and Sunday is Leg day. Early Saturday morning before booty camp I try to go on a hike (weather permitting). I have drawn a calendar and put stickers on each day I work out. That has been almost every single day this month, besides 2 rest days.
There is a boot camp class at Gold's Gym that I have been meaning to try. I had been putting it off for the last month. I have been going to bed at night telling myself that I will wake up and just go and do it but each morning I change my mind. This morning my alarm went off. I told myself noooo, I am not going to go. But I laid there for another 10 minutes and was literally arguing with myself in my head. "Sarah, you've been doing this for weeks now, putting it off and putting it off. This is the last day you have to go and try it for FREE before they start charging for their classes. You are already awake. Just get up. Get up. GET UP!" and I say back to myself in my head "But I am tired"... "No you're not. You've been getting up this early for the last 3 weeks. Why are you lying to yourself?" ..."Okay, but I am scared of looking bad in front of everyone who has been doing it forever".... "Well, you go to Booty Bootcamp at Chrome and you look like an idiot in front of everyone but they don't even notice and when you do crappy people cheer you on and you keep going back"... "You know, Sarah, you have a good point. The worse that can happen is that I will go, hate it, fall and get laughed at, or have to run out and poop myself. Those are all okay options and the world will not end."...
So, I got out of bed and I went to the damn class. Yes, it was hard. Yes, it sucked, Yes, I was dripping with sweat and could not hold myself in push up position nearly as long or as well as everyone else. I was the newbie. But I am glad I went. The trainer, Charles, was right there with everyone, doing it with everyone, going to each person and showing them the proper form. And it felt awesome, even though I couldn't hold my own body weight up off the ground! I got a high five from Charles at the end and now I get to have a happy rest of the day knowing I DID SOMETHING.
I have lost 19lbs since January. Insane to think of how much weight that is but, being that I am so big, I do not see a difference in my body. I FEEL a difference. I am happier. I feel motivated. I wake up and don't feel tired. The other day, I pulled my work pants completely down without unbuttoning or unzipping them when those same exact pants were so tight and cutting off my circulation last summer. That is hilarious to me and also annoying because I cannot afford to buy new pants. LOL.
I know I can do better. I can do a better job at cutting out sugar. I can work out harder. I can get stronger. I can run faster.
And I will :)
This photo is current, April 2016. Let's remember this look. 72lbs away from goal weight. It may not look like I need to lose THAT much weight...but yes. Yes I do. Let's just say...You haven't seen me naked.... LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment