Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Confessions Of A Property Manager pt 2

Other things that grind my gears in property management:

3) When prospects schedule appointments to tour and they never show up. Especially when they schedule it during my normal lunch break. Even though I've said 'well, I normally take my lunch break then but I would be happy to show you around if that is the time you prefer"..... and being the jerks that they are they say yes, they need that time. So I sit around and wait while my stomach growls....and they never show. Of course.

4) When other apartment communities call for rental verification's and then get in a huge huffy when I don't get it done within 10 minutes.

5) When I'm in an appointment with a prospect and a resident comes in and ignores the fact that I am with someone and starts blabbing about their own issues. They don't even say "Oh, excuse me" or "I'm sorry" or "Do you have time to speak privately for a minute" Nothing like that. Because THEY are number one. Always. Forever. In their dreamland.

6) When I'm on a tour with someone for well over half an hour. And then talk to them on the phone more than once. And then show their family the community. And then correspond via email multiple times. And they never rent. Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...