Monday, February 27, 2012

Detox

Ever since the "lack of water" incident, I have been trying really hard to be healthy. It's been going on for two weeks now....the healthy thing. I have been doing really well. I am LOVING my gym and eating healthier foods has been easier than I thought it would be. After a few days, my body got used to not consuming so much salt and sugar. It's like going through a detox. And it feels amazing! After work today, I went grocery shopping with an empty stomach. Everyone knows that's a bad idea, but I did it anyway; Call it a test. When I used to shop hungry I would jump straight to the frozen fat food isle. Yuck! Today, I spent most of my time in the produce isle. The junk foods I usually gravitate to didn't even catch my eye. I was only tempted once by my dearest fruit snacks and their colorful squishy wonder! I touched the box then said to myself out loud, "No, I don't need that." I was so proud of myself! That proud feeling is one that only a person who has had a lifelong issue with food, like me, could understand.

My fridge is now filled with strawberries, apples, carrots, spinach, etc. Yes, that is what I spent my tax return on! The only downside to eating healthy is that it isn't as cheap as the crap food :( It's just an adjustment I am going to have to make in my budget. And for the first time EVER, I'm okay with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...