Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moving on and away

Yesterday I moved away from my parents. Such a scary thing to do, esp since I have been so dependent on them for 22 years. I still don't know how to do my taxes correctly or how to go about paying for my car insurance and cell phone etc. And goodness, losing my health insurance scares me! I need to get me some of that ASAP... Everything is hitting me all at once, but I knew this time would come. It's time to grow up and learn how to do things on my own. Still a scary thing... but I know that I'll always have my family and Josh on my side. 

I now reside in Lacey, WA. Basically right in Olympia, WA. I live with my boyfriend and his room mate. Moving in with a boyfriend was something I have never officially done before and never planned on doing. I always thought I would be engaged first. But plans don't always work. That's one of those "life lessons" I've come to accept. I live in a modern world. Plus, living 320 miles away from my boyfriend was not ideal. I couldn't stand it! After everything we'd been through together, neither of us wanted to waste anymore time. And luckily, I was at the point in my life where I could easily transition. So, I did. For me. For him. For us. For my career. And because I didn't want to get stuck in the trashy "city" I "grew up" in. There's WAY more opportunities on the west side of the mountain. 

Speaking of jobs and money.... I start work on the 13th! I'll be working at a place called Citizen Access Residential Resources. I'll be helping developmentally disabled people within the community. I am not sure how it's going to go or exactly what the job entails, but I guess I will find out soon enough! Even though I know it'll be hard work with low pay, I couldn't be happier to start work. I couldn't be happier to be here! This is my time to learn and to grow in the REAL world- Not like college at all. Sure, I learned A LOT. But, besides the going-to-class thing and doing hours of paper writing, that place was really just a play pen for little adults..... "Hello, I go to college. AKA: drunken orgies with occasional cliff notes!" (name that quote!!!!!!...... Night at the Roxbury). Oh, and that quote isn't true so don't freak out grandma... 

Anyway, enough of my blabbering and tangents. I have moved away and put everything that happened in high school and college BEHIND me. Spokane was just an unattractive reminder of it all. I couldn't be happier anywhere else besides where I am now! I've got my dog, my boyfriend, my job, my car, my new friends (with more to be made soon!), a roof over my head, food in the kitchen, fuzzy blankets and netflix. What else could a girl need? :) Cheers to growing up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...