Friday, February 3, 2012

Caribbean Cruise

So much has happened in the last 2 weeks that I can't even tell every detail. I'll just have to give an overview.

I spent 3 days in Florida before Gigi and I left for the Caribbean on Saturday Jan 21.
We set sail from Bridgetown, Barbados then went to Grenada, Carriacou, Tobago Cays, St. Vincent, Martinique, St. Lucia, and then back to Barbados-Took 7 days.
I was the youngest on the entire boat which, by the way, was an awesome pirate ship with 167 passengers and 103 crew! I was the most popular person on the boat. Everyone quickly learned my dislike for seafood. I decided to go with steak and fries for each dinner. I discovered that men love me-the young, old, foreign, small, big..... The locals love my eyes and smile and apparently I'm outgoing. People are so kind. I saw a monkey and a crab, and that was all the wildlife I saw because the fish in the Caribbean are lazy. I got a sunburn. I saw every star in the sky at night; the night sky is the most beautiful over the ocean. I got my grandma to zipline in St. Lucia. It was so much fun and she loved it too! The Caribs call rain "liquid sunshine" and they are so poor but they are the happiest poor people I have ever seen. They have so many bananas, coconuts, mangos, breadfruit and papaya etc. These countries may be poor, but they will never go hungry.
We flew back to Florida on Saturday the 28 and I spent the next 3 days hanging out there. I got to see my goofy uncle and beautiful aunt for a couple of meals. It was nice seeing family. I don't get to see my family much. We have always been apart and now we are even more distant. It's one of the downsides of a military family.

I got back to WA on Wednesday. I'm just hanging around Spokane while I "prepare" to take the GRE tomorrow. So far, life since graduation has been good :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...