Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Summer, OVER!

That's it, folks! Summer is DONE! Whoohoo!
Okay, well not technically until 9/22, but in my eyes it is overrrr and Fall begins 9/1! Rejoice! Bring out the Uggs, Fall wreaths, hot tea, sweaters & all things pumpkin!
This summer was pretty lame. I did not do anything. I did not go anywhere. I worked. Work is life.

I road my roller coaster of working out and eating right and then NOT working out and NOT eating right: Story of my life.

Remember where we left off with my roller coaster blog? I eventually did get my nutrition plan....  really late in the game. I was training one day a week and doing booty camp and abs camp. With that 45 day challenge I lost 13 lbs of fat and gained 11 lbs of muscle. I didn't physically see a difference but I felt my clothes getting loose. That was cool!
But, shortly after that challenge I felt unmotivated and uninspired to keep working out as hard. I still followed a meal plan, for the most part, but it got too boring. Why was I following the plan? I couldn't figure it out. I was not happy.

Then I read "Eat to Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. Image result for eat to live

Great book, recommended by my mom! But also made me feel very conflicted. Everything I learned at Chrome is so opposite from what he says but I truly believe him. Embrace a vegan lifestyle! Meat is correlated with cancer. We don't NEED meat to survive. Then again, the fitness industry says we need meat for gainz! And then the food industry promotes dairy. And then all the stores have an abundance of sugar and processed foods. I am just so confused. There is so much information out there. Who do I trust? I am leaning towards Dr. Fuhrman right now. I felt happiest in April this year when I was basically living a vegan lifestyle.

I start a 12 week challenge next week with a different company. I hear good things about them and they are much cheaper than personal training. I know personal training is soooo worth it but I just can't afford that. One day, though! And as long as I can be vegan ;)

Anyway, I have been doing a lot of hiking! I LOVE hiking! I want to get really into it but since my husband doesn't seem to enjoy the outdoors, I will be hiking solo. And since it is 2016, that is not safe. So I am shit outta luck! LOL. Nah, we will see.

We have a trip planned next month to go to Leavenworth for Oktoberfest with some friends. My husband is really looking forward to it. He has always wanted to do Oktoberfest. I predict shenanigans. I look forward to finding hiking places in Leavenworth that I can scope out. I LOVE NATURE!

Well, that is it for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...