America has raised a huge generation of people who have had everything handed to them on a silver platter. It has suddenly become very popular to complain about millennials but, in property management, I have not had much of an issue with their stereotypical attitude. I've had issues with a different bunch...
The majority of single women who live here, ages ranging between 30-60, all think that they are entitled to everything. They have the most petty demands. Today, in the state of Washington, we are surrounded by fires in central WA, Montana, Idaho and Canada. I have been watching these news stories about people who have died in Hurricane Harvey. People in the Caribbean are currently losing everything they have in Hurricane Irma. And then I come to work and hear my residents petty little complaints. Not all people, but some people are so picky and over-privileged. I truly wonder how some people have made it this far in their lives. I have a woman complaining about gnats flying outside her apartment. A few have snuck inside her unit and are annoying her and she wants us to do something about it. Another woman called just to complain that there are bugs outside.... Uh, HELLO! Of course bugs are outside.... Also, the gnats and bugs are coming indoors because they are suffocating from the smoke outside. It is also very unusually humid right now. Not to mention, we live in a fucking watershed and are surrounded by little swamps. AND, NO, I CAN'T MURDER OR CONTROL NATURE. I am not God. But I am very sorry that you are a sensitive little snowflake. *sigh*...
This same woman who complains about gnats is a tiny pretty woman in her 60s who always is dressed perfectly from head to toe. She is sticky SICKLY sweet as a peach when she comes to talk to us in the office. She flips her bleach blonde hair around (it should be totally gray at this point in her life) and just acts like she doesn't want to bother us. Then, when the sun goes down, she turns into an ogre! She once left a nasty mean note on my office door and emailed me bitchy petty shit more than once. She loves life during the day, but at night she just can't believe the HELLHOLE she moved into... Jesus, woman. During the day, she recommends her friends to come and tour and move in. By night, her apartment is UNLIVABLE! She is lucky to live in a middle floor, sandwhiched in a really good spot - right below a woman who is actually a good resident - You know, the type that we NEVER hear from because she has her life together and pays her rent on time and knows how to submit service requests online and is never an issue or a bother to me. Crazy old blonde lady also lives right above the model. She insists that the noise in unbearable and makes her apartment unlivable because ONE TIME the fan in the bathroom of the model was left on by maintenance and it was SO LOUD she couldn't sleep at 10PM and if management didn't show up immediately to turn off the fan then there would "BE HELL TO PAY"....
Watch out for tiny blonde sticky sweet ladies. It's all a lie. Trust no one.
Oh, no, this isn't a photo of my resident. But the woman pictured here is bound to end up just like my salty petty old resident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8
I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...
-
17) It drives me bananas how many packages people get in a day. Ya'lls addiction to Amazon Prime is getting OUT OF CONTROL. Ok, I get it...
-
Okay, for once I am not going to complain. I know that the majority of my blog is just me whining like a little bitch. I will always be a wh...

No comments:
Post a Comment