Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Best. Month. Ever

Okay, so, I am millennial. We always "love" and "hate" everything and say everything is "amazing" and the "best ever"....

but truly....

March 2017 has been one of the best months of my life.

1) I took my first solo trip ever. It was a really short weekend trip but I loved every second of it. I cried. I laughed. I drank. I sang. I danced. I ate. I hiked. I embraced my loneliness. (See photos below). It got me really excited about life and I now have the urge to just pack my bags and disappear. And I am already jonesin for my next trip to the unknown.

2)  I am on the verge of legal single-ness. My divorce will be finalized in 3 days: March 31st! I am not over the moon excited over it because it means I have a divorce under my belt. It's not impressive. Not a great conversation starter and it was something I never thought I would have. However, it is a very good thing and very symbolic for me. It represents my strength. For once in my life I stood up and said "No. I deserve better for myself." I have absolutely enjoyed these last few months on my own. I have enjoyed the lonely and have proved to myself that I can do it.

3) I started dating again. Maaaaybe the dating itself hasn't been the best thing ever. It's actually been exhausting. I have met a lot of weirdos. But I have also met some really great guys. It has made me feel really hopeful because I was honestly terrified. I thought that at my OLD AGE of 27 (haha) it would be impossible to meet men who didn't already have kids and if they don't have kids then they probably smoke or still live with their mom, or whatever. I have been surprised that the pool is still plentiful. I've met a couple really amazing guys. With that being said, online dating has been silly and I full intend to write a blog post just about my dating escapades next
~~Don't worry mom, I will fill you in soon ;) ~~



      Orcas Island <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Confessions of a Property Manager Pt 8

I feel like I have talked about this subject numerous times on the internet and with coworkers and friends. I just can't let it go so I...